The next Queensferry primary school parent council meeting (which will be the AGM) takes place on Thursday 24th May at 630pm.
Any parent is welcome to come along to parent council meetings which usually take place once a term and are designed to;
- Provide a voice for parents, in schools and in their local authority, on issues that are important to them and their children
- Help the school to understand how to most effectively involve parents in their children’s learning and in the life of the school
- Support the school and headteacher in developing strong home/school partnerships
- Support the school in its development and improvement, and in understanding and making links with the wider community
- Capture the unique and varied skills, interests, knowledge and experience that parents can offer.
The following table lists the current members of the parent council and which year groups they represent.
|Claire Whyte (Chair)||P1, P4 and P7|
|Alex Kant (Treasurer & Vice Chair)||P6|
|Anne-Marie Appleby||P1 and P5|
|Helena Dolan||P2 and P4|
|Louise Wilson||P3 and P5|
|Kenny Morrison||P5 and P7|
|Tim Hall||P2 and P6|
Parent council meetings are currently scheduled for the following dates over the coming 12 months;
- Wednesday 14 September 2016
- Tuesday 15 November 2016
- Tuesday 21 February 2017
- Tuesday 23 May 2017
Meetings start at 6.30pm until 8pm.
Links to the minutes of previous meetings can be found below:If you would like any matters raised at the parent council, please feel free to contact any of the members listed above, alternatively feel free to come along yourself!