P2P/Y went into the playground to use directional language to direct our partners from hula hoop to another. They all really enjoyed using their left and rights, forwards and turns!
Today Primary 2 had a visit from the librarian at Queensferry Library. We have found out about Nicola’s role in the library as well as telling us how to take a book home.
It’s been a packed first few weeks of the new school year for everyone in P6 and we thought it might be a good idea to let you know a little of what we’ve been enjoying doing in P6LY – so, here goes….
- The skiing has been a huge hit – everyone has been trying really hard and helping each other – no matter how many times they may have fallen over!!
- Learning about invasion games in P.E. with Mr Glass – bench ball is already a firm favourite.
- Making origami bookmarks in Art with Ms. Love (and if your homes are anything like our classroom, you will be finding ever-smaller bookmarks everywhere!)
- Getting to code with Scratch in ICT – (and there will hopefully be lots more of that as the year progresses!)
- We are also very pleased and proud to have 4 new woodwind players receiving tuition from Mr Hallam.
Finally, when the class were asked for one word to describe these first few weeks, the first four responses were Fantastic, Fun, Amazing and Okay!!
We’ve got lots more planned over the next few weeks, so come back to find out about our trips to Craigie Farm, the Outdoor Learning Challenge at Holyrood Park and much, much more…..
Further to our meeting last night, the Twitter accounts for you to follow are…
We will send the occassional Tweet during the week to let everyone know how we are getting on, what we are eating and so on.
I have a note of the photo permissions and will stick to these regarding pupils’ photos at camp.
Today we had loads of fun comparing the weights of different vegetables. We then chopped them up and made vegetable soup. Delicious!
The first few weeks have flown by and it feels like most of our pupils are quickly settling in to Primary 6. We have a very full and exciting year ahead – here is the outline of our plan for this term.
This year’s P7 is well under way and it feels like most of our pupils are quickly rising to the expectations and challenges of their senior primary school year.
Here is the outline of our plan for this term.
Primary 1 have already started to collect a number of items of lost property. Unfortunately the items are not named! Please help us, and your child, by naming everything that belongs to them.
If you are missing a school sweatshirt (or anything else) please come in and speak to us.
Thank you very much
Mrs Law, Mrs McConachie and Miss McLean