Any parent is welcome to join Queensferry Primary School Parent Council. Council meetings usually take place once a term and are designed to;
- Provide a voice for parents, in schools and in their local authority, on issues that are important to them and their children
- Help the school to understand how to most effectively involve parents in their children’s learning and in the life of the school
- Support the school and headteacher in developing strong home/school partnerships
- Support the school in its development and improvement, and in understanding and making links with the wider community
- Capture the unique and varied skills, interests, knowledge and experience that parents can offer.
The following table lists the current members of the parent council and which year groups they represent.
|Claire Whyte (Chair)||P2 and P5|
|Alex Kant (Treasurer & Vice Chair)||P7|
|Anne-Marie Appleby||P2 and P6|
|Helena Dolan||P3 and P5|
|Louise Wilson||P2 and P6|
|Tim Hall||P3 and P7|
Minutes of previous parent council meetings can be found in the parent council section of the school website. Notifications of forthcoming council meetings are also posted on the school website.
If you have any questions regarding the parent council, please feel free to approach any of the individuals above if known to you or you can e-mail the parent council at: firstname.lastname@example.org